Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Life


I am a new mom. A two month old, precious baby boy named William Elijah Nils Tolleson. The light of my life. I cry just about everyday because he's getting older. He's growing out of his newborn outfits, or at least some of my favorite ones it seems. He was 6 lbs 14 1/2 oz 21 inchs long when he was born, and now at 2 months he weights 12 lbs 3 oz. and is 23 /2 inches long. Like I said, he's growing so very fast. My husband and I are very happy to be parents. Its been a long time coming for us. It took 3 years to get pregnant and then my pregnancy went by pretty fast now that I look back on it. But the labor was never ending it seemed. 34 1/2 hours. When he finally arrived, he was so beautiful, he was worth every second I had to wait. I am back at work after 7 weeks off work. I came back Jan. 2nd to start the new year fresh. I sure have too. I am glad to be back at work. I came back part time so I still get to spend time with my baby boy. My dad gets to keep Will while I am at work, so its good for the Papaw - Grandson relationship. They have a good ol' time.

Randy is a proud daddy. He knows just how to get him to be quiet. He will lay him stomach down on across his arm and hold his head with his. Instant silence. Its adorable. Randy has such long arms that he's the only one that really can manage that.

Today we are going to go to my parents house and let the dogs out to play for a while. My parents took of to Tunica. Lucky them. Then off to Tera and James (My cousins) to give Conner (their son) his late birthday gift. Superman Sleep set. Cape and all. It has a story behind it because James has a picture of him when he was a little boy with a superman pjs on with a red blanket 'round his neck. Its going to be a passed down tradition, I think. Speaking of tradition. I have a picture of my Papaw and I sitting next to each other with him wearing a blue t-shirt that says "I Papaw" and my shirt says "I Papaw's baby". We are going to do that with Will when he gets a bit older, and I'm sure with all our kids. I think it will be a special thing.

I think I shall post that picture of me and my papaw next post.

No comments: